Monday 8 April 2013

Second Year: #1



Welcome back to my blog for the year! I have had a sweet holidays over Christmas and New Years, and just recently got back from an amazing holiday over in New Zealand with my family. Because i was away I missed the first 2 and a half weeks of school, so I'm hoping I can catch back up and smash some of this years work out! :)

I recently started using instagram, an app on smart phones were people can share photos and other people can comment on them. People can follow each other and see each others photos much like twitter but with photos. I have found some insane inspiration on this app, I am following a guy called Ncwintersart who is one of my favorite artists at the moment, the intricacy and detail he puts into his artwork is INSANE. He mostly paints with water colours and inks. I wish I could paint...Here is some of his artwork:

Bone Lazer - Liquid acrylic inks on paper. 8″ x 10″
"N.C. Winters employs artistic fist lasers to shoot creative works directly into your mindballs. He’s an artist working out of sunny San Diego, constantly drawing, painting, making webcomics, working digitally and even at times sculpting. Winters is constantly pushing out new creative content at a rate that medical professionals are less than comfortable with. You can purchase some of the artworks of N.C. Winters for your very own on his website: www.ncwinters.com."

Gilded - Pen, acrylic and acrylic ink on paper, varnished. 7.25″ x 11.25″
Augmented Reality - Acrylic ink on paper, mounted to wood panel and resined.


Here is some artwork I did for my band, I did our latest single artwork and also did a small singlet design to be released with it, which have all been sold out now, so the design couldn't of been that bad eh? Since I made this I have had a fair few local bands coming to me for artwork, mostly show posters, but I have done some CD artwork and band logos too.I really enjoy doing band designs and helping out the local music community.



No comments:

Post a Comment